“Thank you all for making mom’s life as warm and tolerable during her final year and a half. Truly you have all fashioned an amazing care facility. Special thanks to the Sisters of Mercy Who live out their mission so well.”
Personal Care Services
Caring. Compassion. Family.
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Pastoral Care
- Nutrition Therapy
- Respite Care
- The Mercy Center licensed nursing staff is available to assist with activities of daily living and with medications.
- All rooms are private with a private lavatory. Showers are shared between two rooms. A tub is available.
- Residents may bring small personal furniture. Available in each room is a bed, dresser, desk, desk chair, nightstand, lamp and recliner. Residents generally provide linens and decorative items, however the facility can provide linens if necessary. If a resident has a personal chair or recliner, it is often helpful to bring that. (no rocking chairs, please)
- Televisions are provided for each room and cable access is provided.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Each room has a phone with internal access and the ability to receive calls. There is a monthly fee for making local and long distance calls from the room along with voice mail service. There are phones in the halls from which local calls can be made at no charge.
- Hanging pictures is permitted. Maintenance will provide assistance.
- Open flames are not permitted by state law, nor are space heaters.
- Nursing staff is available to assist with activities of daily living and with medications.
- A hair salon is available five days a week.
- Laundry may be done by the staff (includes bedding) for an additional monthly charge.
- Mercy Center provides transportation to medical appointments for a small fee, and maintains contact with doctors and other healthcare providers; however, it is highly recommended that a family member be present for the appointment.
- Activities are regularly scheduled. Each resident receives a calendar monthly.
- Liturgy is available six days a week. Non-Catholic services are scheduled by the Pastoral Care department monthly.
A Handbook is provided to each resident upon admission, which gives more details
Daily Room Rates: Effective January 1, 2020
|Room/ Board/ Nursing Care||1st Floor||$120.00|
These standard charges are applicable for all residents of mercy center personal care unit:
|Hair Salon||Wash and/or Set||$17.00|
|Wash and/or Cut||$19.00|
|Permanent or Color||$45.00|
|Phone||External Phone Service||$25.00|
|Which includes: Local Calling, Long Distance Service in the Continental US and Voice Mail|
-You may choose not to elect External Phone Service.
-You may change this election at any time.
-There are phones in hallways for free local calling.
|Transportation||per trip (for round trips of 20 miles or less)||$15.00|
|additional mile (each)||$.50|
|Therapy||Charges may be covered by your insurance; however, you may be responsible for a copay.|
|Medications||Responsibility of resident|
|Medical Supplies & Equipment||Responsibility of resident|
|Spending Money||Responsibility of resident|
Charges are subject to change with a 30 day notice.
Personal Care Frequently Asked Questions
You must be able to walk freely within your room and to your bathroom without assistance. The use of walkers is welcome.
Yes. We have Personal Care Assistants who will assist you.
The rooms are fully furnished as well as having a wall mounted flat screen TV.
You can use your Doctor or you have the opportunity to have the Facility Medical Director see you here.
While the nursing staff at Mercy Center Personal Care will assist you in obtaining and administering your medications, the responsibility for their cost remains yours
We have a medical transportation department that can schedule your transportation needs to and from your appointments.
We give you the option of having breakfast served to you in your room each morning, but then would like for you to visit the self-serve or waiter/waitress dining rooms for other meals.
The rooms are all private with a twin bed, locking night stand, and dresser, desk, a desk chair, a recliner and 3 lamps.
You will be provided a key to your room for your security.
We provide all residents a wireless call system button which you can press to alert the staff that you need assistance.
Yes. We have an Activities Department that provides activities each day, featuring live entertainment, crafts, music therapy, games, holiday entertainment, memory fitness, and exercise therapy.
Yes. We provide licensed Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy.
While we do accept insurance, decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.